Advertisement

Friday, May 8, 2015

REVIEW: BMW GS1200- The 'Bring Me Women' Superbike

     Wow! A hot girl with hot bike. Its BMW touring bike. The GS 1200 is a touring bike from BMW, for off road and long distance ride as well. I have been ride this bike. It was too tall. This is the biggest bike I ever ride so far. Riding in 30 minutes give me a lot of informations to share. This information is from myself. For those who ride this more than a year, might have  different reviews. But if you planning upgrading to this bike, I have the pro and cons for you. One more thing, this bike in on list of Top Ten Best Motorcycle Carrying Passenger.



          But before we go to pros and cons, Let's have a quick specification about this bike. This BMW that I reviewed is a 2013 model. It has four stroke engine system. Two cylinders horizontally opposed BOXER, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder,and has liquid cooling system. The dry weight is 205 kg but a wet height is around 238 kg. Seriously a very heavy bike. The fuel tank is 20 litters with 4 litters of reserve. And the top speed claimed reach 218 kph. But so far I only reach 178 kph at Coastal Highway, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Now, let's move to the pro and cons!

PROS
  1. Very Stable
          While you riding fast either in the street or off road. These bike are heavy makes it easier to control while taking corner. By changing to right tyre while off road, this bike is very stable even in dirt, or mud or across small river.
  2. Reliability.
          You know. Its BMW. Expensive spare parts but give you peace in mind, The quality of those parts are awesome. Make sure you purchase original parts if you want your bike to last long.
  3. Comfortable.
        Simple: Relaxed. Comfortable. Yet exciting to ride.
  4. Good Height.
         With this kind of bike, it can handle a big guy, or a tall guy like me.
  5. Good Fuel Consumption
          Full tank can makes you travel at least 400 km to 500 km before your next stop. So you do the math.



CONS
  1. Engine Technical Error
         While riding, I don't encounter any problems, at all. But before this, the owner told me that this bike has missing the big flywheel, off-idle torque of the Air Head. I don't know how bad was this error but he manage to fix it, so it should be no problem.
  2. Very Expensive
         Compare to another hyper motard bike, this could be much expensive compared toKTM 1190 Adventure R, or Ducati Hyper Motard, or Kawasaki Versys 1200.


           So that's all about my review today. Big thanks to the owner for allowing me using his bike to review. So I hope that my review could give you some guides if you planning to purchase this BMW GS 1200 soon. Have a nice day!

Proud of our Sabahan Sumandak

No comments:

Post a Comment