Advertisement

Friday, September 19, 2014

Megelli 250rr Problems & Solutions


Megelli 250rr, or atleast MEGELLI. Whenever someone heard this name they will say ; " What a cheap Chinese Bike." or " The hell is Megelli?"
        Megelli as we know is a stunning nice bike, but she has only one problem; that this bike has a lot of problem! I've been using this bike for months, and she gives me few trouble that I have to handle. Here is some of my problem.



  1. COLD START


          This happens almost every morning, and whenever I have not start my bike for 24 hours and more. But this can be solved by changing battery, and with correct setting of wind and timing adjustment.
  2. CRANKCASE CRACK

         Well, this give me most of the headache. The case is crank which leads my bike into an expensive  damage. Welding the crack will solve the problem but its gonna cost me a lot of money and time to do it.
        Welding itself wont cost me much money. Usually only RM100++, but the labour charge can cost me alot. some say its gonna be RM400++. So, what I gonna do is ride this bike gently until I have time to repair this crack.
  3. CLUTCH STAND

         Clutch stand broken is the answer why I can't easily find N gear, and sometime engine stopped while changing gear. Well, another welding could save me from this problem, but this problem doesn't seems critical to me, so it can wait.
  4. LEAKING MOTOR OIL
                        
        Leaking, leaking and leaking. The most problem for all vehicle that using engine oil. Leaking motor oil means the is something wrong with your engine, some bad happens and needs urgent repair.
       This doesn't seems critical as long that you check your engine and make sure at least there is engine oil inside you engine. Don't let it dry!  

The another common problem that other owner encountered on their bike.
  1. Stand hit the ground while cornering. (Batch year 2012 doesn't having this problem anymore)
  2. Honk button pressed when you steer the handle to the left, (Batch year 2012 doesn't having this problem anymore)
  3. Vibration. This is annoying much. But it can be handled by changing some bearing inside the engine.
  4. Wiring.(Batch year 2012 doesn't having this problem anymore) If you using batch 2012 and before, this can be fixed by taking your bike to local service center and have them checked.
  5.  Body kit easily scratched. Yeah, cheap material. The is nothing we can do for it.
That's all I know about Megelli. This bike is not the worst I ever encounter. But if you don't want all these problem, buy any Japanese bike. Of course all superbike has problem as well but Japanese bike has less problem than Megelli.
       If any question about Megelli you can directly contact me at fezanray@yahoo.com or find me on facebook. I'm not pro about superbike, but at least I can share the knowledge bout Megelli. 

1 comment:

  1. Magelli 250R Clutch cable is fine and feels fine. Why will the clutch suddenly not disengage the gearbox from the motor.With the motor Running and clutch pulled in, as soon as engage into gear the gearbox stays connected. it is not the clutch cable or the clutch pin or the clutch press meg between.What could it be??

    ReplyDelete